My most interesting book

 


Yesterday I got up early in the morning. I think it was 5.30 a.m. I got up early in the morning because I had an online class. I brushed my teeth washed my face and participated to the online class. After the class I felt very lazy. So I thought to read a book.                                                                                                    I choosed my most interesting book named Madol Doova. It was written by our greatest writer Martin Wickramasinghe. Madol Doowa is a story that tells us about the adventures of two boys named Upali and Jinna. Upali Giniwella is the main character of the story. His father is a rich merchant who minds only on business. Upali's mother dies when he is seven years and his father brings a stepmother. But she can't control Upali and his cousin Jinna. They do various mischievous needs. One day they run away from their home and go to various places. At the end they go to an uninhabited island named Madol Doowa. A farmer named Podigamarala helps them to go to this island. They start to live in the jungle of this island with their dog named Dadoriya. They start to cultivate various crops in the island. They are able to get a good harvest. The harvest is taken to the village market and sold. They are encouraged by the profit and they continue to grow more and more crops. They become rich because of the hard work. Finally they get the ownership of the land with the help oh a lawyer they meet.                 I like this book because of its simple language and it highlights the value of friendship. this is the best book I have ever read.

Comments